Agent says interest is increasing in Frenchville Villas
AFTER being stagnant for nearly a year, Ray White Rockhampton real estate agent Janece Jones says she is noticing investors starting to come out of the woodwork.
Contrary to what the Housing Industry Association says about the new housing market in Rockhampton slowing down, Ms Jones is optimistic about the future and believes people are ready to spend on projects such as the new Frenchville Villas.
While she had only just started marketing the Frenchville Villas housing project last weekend, she said there had been plenty of inquiries already.
"The market has been amazing of late with some big sales - I had a house go under contract in The Range in excess of $900,000," Ms Jones said.
"We sold a block of land in Kawana mid week after it had been on the market for four months - land hadn't been selling for a while, but that is moving too."
She said Rockhampton had become a top spot to invest in, as it had both agriculture and the coal belt on its doorstep.
"With the low interest rates it is a good time for investors as they are also being told prices will start going up soon."
Traditionally, September to March was the buoyant time of year in real estate, but Ms Jones said she had seen a lot of activity, including from first-home buyers and investors.
It was a good sign for the 19 Frenchville Villas, which will be completed by the middle of next year. The project will be the first of its kind in Frenchville.
Developer Scott Morrison said earthworks for the project would start next week after 18 months of planning.
- The 19 villas are three-bedroom, two-and-a-half bathroom, most with a double car garage and a range of quality finishes
- Priced from $379,000 to $410,000
- Sized from 161-181 sq m
- The project offers a resort pool with barbecue area and tropical landscaped gardens
- Easy access to schools, shopping centres the CQUniversity and Frenchville Health and Fitness track
- Frenchville Villas will enable first home buyers to capitalise on the Great Start Grant, with $15,000 to put towards a new home
- Go to www.frenchville villas.com.au for more information