Menu
Entertainment

Jonas says story of losing virginity not meant to hurt

Joe Jonas insists he was happy being "honest" in his recent Reddit AMA, despite seemingly offending ex-girlfriend Ashley Greene when he spoke about sleeping with her for the first time.

Joe Jonas insists he didn't mean to "hurt" anyone when he told the story of how he lost his virginity.

The 27-year-old singer recalled during a Reddit AMA last week how he had "trashed" his friend's room looking for condoms when he slept with then-girlfriend Ashley Greene for the first time.

And though the 'Twilight' actress later appeared to slam him for his comments, sharing a social media post which simply read "Class is timeless", the DNCE frontman claims he was simply being "honest" and telling his own stories.

He told 'Entertainment Tonight': "Life's too short, you know?

"I mean ultimately, I think of myself as an honest guy. There are just those moments in life where you have to be true to yourself and true to the world.

"I'm not out to hurt anybody, but I think, ultimately, I'm just telling my stories and what I can say from my heart."

During his Reddit AMA, Joe admitted the circumstances surrounding how he lost his virginity made for a "great story".

He recounted: "I lost my virginity to this girl named Ashley. You can probably just Google it. It's pretty easy to figure out. I dated a girl named Ashley, so just Google it to figure out which Ashley that is.

"It's quite the great story because I didn't have any condoms, so I went to our drummer, Jack's room, who was my roommate at the time and I demolished his room looking for them.

"Found them underneath his underwear drawer. When he came home, he thought somebody broke into his room because his whole room was demolished because I was in dire need.

"Needed to happen then and now. Safety first, kids."

Topics:  sex



Melanoma awareness marches into Rocky

RAISING AWARENESS: Ella Williams, Pippa Kelly, Jack Kelly, Hannah Kelly and Flynn Williams prepare for the Rockhampton Melanoma March.

Rockhampton joins the march to find cure for the nation's cancer.

Frenchville prepares for another big year on court

GETTING READY: Frenchville Netball Club's Angela and Kirby Horn and Trudy Landsberg are counting down to the season's start in March.

Player development main focus for Rocky's biggest netball club

premium_icon Special feature: Relive one of our most traumatic periods

Ferried passengers arrive at Symons Chemist at the corner of East and William streets in Rockhampton during the 1918 Great Flood.

This weekend marks milestone anniversary of Rocky's great flood

Local Partners

‘The Kendall Jenner Pepsi ad of music videos’

JUSTIN Timberlake’s new music video features JT battling Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and the Illuminati. It’s ... really cringe-worthy.

First look at Zac Efron as infamous serial killer

Zac Efron stars as serial killer Ted Bundy in new movie Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Picture: Christian Gilles

Efron plays Ted Bundy in the highly-anticipated new thriller.

Meghan, Prince Harry score adorable gift in Wales

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle met the crowd at Cardiff Castle.

Tiny pair of namesakes steal the spotlight in Wales.

Facebook ‘birth’ post: ‘Disturbing and creepy’

A Denver woman created a hilarious 'birth' photoshoot to announce the arrival of her new kitten. (Elizabeth Woods-Darby) Celebrating Beloved Cats Everywhere. Credit - Various via Storyful

LUCY Shultz and her boyfriend pose for pictures typical of any new parents with...

Balding Wills’ dramatic new $300 buzz cut

Britain's Prince William chats to guests at a reception after delivering a speech to celebrate the national rollout of the 'Step into Health' programme, at Chandos House in London, Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018.

The Duke of Cambridge has long joked about his receding hairline

Ruby in a wheelchair after revealing condition

Ruby Rose arrives at the Los Angeles premiere of "Pitch Perfect 3" at the Dolby Theatre

Ruby Rose has shocked fans after sharing about her crippling condition

Trump’s failed $625k offer to 50 Cent

50 Cent has revealed details about a $625,000 offer he received from Donald Trump.

50 CENT cannot be bought, even for 1 million times his namesake