Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Local signage problems around Rocky set to be addressed

Local signage problems around Rocky set to be addressed

Local signage is on track for a spruce up after resident complaints.

Rocky makes it nine on the trot in CQ Championship

Rocky makes it nine on the trot in CQ Championship

Teen spinner bags four wickets in man-of-the-match performance

Rocky woman's $10K award for dream job

Rocky woman's $10K award for dream job

She's part of a team that makes everyone's life better

Local Partners