Yeppoon man, 28, on three rape charges after alleged attack
A YEPPOON man, 28, fronted Rockhampton Magistrates Court yesterday facing three counts of rape following an alleged attack on a 15-year-old girl at the weekend.
Detective Senior Constable Alex Nezic said the man attacked the teenager in a unit at a Yeppoon accommodation outlet on Sunday morning.
Det Snr Const said it was believed the pair was known to each other but the defendant wasn't aware the teenager was at the Yeppoon unit at the time he was there.
He was arrested earlier this week.
The man did not make an application for bail and was remanded in custody.
He will appear in Rockhampton Magistrates Court at 9am today.