Man injured in house fire after barbecue explosion

A MAN was taken to the Toowoomba Hospital with serious burns to his arms and throat after a barbecue exploded in a home at Wilsonton last night. 

Emergency services said the fire started at midnight at a residence in Barlow St, Wilsonton, after a barbeque exploded. 

The two-storey house was well involved when crews arrived on scene. 

All persons were accounted for and only the top floor was damaged. 

The fire is still under investigation. 



Turnbull's backdown on energy welcomed by CQ politicians

premium_icon Turnbull's backdown on energy welcomed by CQ politicians

A bright future for coal beckons after emissions target was ditched.

Yeppoon business opens one day after destructive fire

premium_icon Yeppoon business opens one day after destructive fire

Yeppoon store accepting donations to help family who lost everything

4WD towing laws to be toughened

premium_icon 4WD towing laws to be toughened

TOUGH new laws to be introduced by the Palaszczuk Government will stop upgrades to...

Local Partners