Man's eyes burned in bin explosion

AN 18-year-old has been rushed to hospital with severe chemical burns to his eyes after a bottle exploded in his wheelie bin in North Rockhampton last night.

The man was emptying rubbish into the bin around 8pm at the front of his Plahn Street home.

When he opened the bin lid he spotted a bottle containing liquid.

When he moved the bottle it exploded causing chemical burns to his eyes, a deep laceration to one hand and a broken wrist on the other hand.

He was rushed to Rockhampton Hospital for surgery.

Police are investigating.


Anzac gunfire captured in stunning photograph

Anzac gunfire captured in stunning photograph

'The most amazing Anzac image that has ever been taken in Australia'

CQ community hero lives on in park naming

premium_icon CQ community hero lives on in park naming

'It didn't matter what time...if they got a call... he was there'

'Mayhem on the water' as boaties dodge craft in tight area

premium_icon 'Mayhem on the water' as boaties dodge craft in tight area

Extra car parks no solution to Yeppoon ramp congestion

Local Partners