Tennielle's Mars Bar Slice
TAKE your tastebuds on a trip to Mars with this amazing recipe for Mars Bar Slice, courtesy of user Tennielle.
- 120g butter
- 270g Mars Bars
- 1½ Tablespoons (30ml) golden syrup
- 3¾ Cups (120g) rice bubbles
- Line an 18cm by 28cm baking tray/dish.
- Place chopped Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, using a wooden spoon to break up the Mars Bars and squash any bits of nougat that are slow to melt.
- When the butter has melted and only small unmelted bits of nougat remain, increase the heat to medium, stirring constantly. The mixture may appear separated at first. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens slightly, and is fairly smooth. Remove from heat.
- Place rice bubbles in a large bowl. Add Mars Bar mixture and stir to combine, trying not to crush the rice bubbles. Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the chocolate icing.
Rich Chocolate Icing:
- 225g milk chocolate
- 45g butter
Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave.
Spread slice with icing and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces to serve.