Budzinski not finished with City yet
FRESH from his two-goal heroics, Melbourne City marquee player Marcin Budzinski has vowed to stay until the end of the season.
Speculation was mounting that Budzinski, 27, could leave in this January transfer window after struggling to nail a spot in the first XI.
Instead Budzinski has enjoyed a January purple patch, netting three in two games, including two impressive long-range strikes to add to his Round 2 Melbourne derby bomb.
VICTORY: Milligan saga calls cap in question
SOCCEROOS: FFA talk to Louis van Gaal
The attacking midfielder struggled for minutes as coach Warren Joyce opted for a more conservative approach but he has released the shackles in recent weeks and the players have relished the more offensive style.
None more so than Budzinski, who celebrated just his fourth start of the season last week by taking his season tally to four goals in 11 games - totalling just four starts and 474 minutes.
Budzinski, who signed a two-year deal, said he will reassess his City future at the end of the season but wanted to remain for City's title challenge.
"Yes. If it depends on me then yes (he will stay until the end of the season),'' Budzinski said.
"Maybe (I would've hoped to play more) but this is football, everybody is waiting for their chance, everybody can play.
"If you're not playing you have to wait and be patient."
Budzinski was confident City could push for a top two spot, ahead of Thursday's crucial home match against second-place Newcastle Jets.
"We are in third place but we easily can be second or first because we are one of the best teams in this league,'' he said.
"We have a strong team, not only 11 players, we have 16 players who can easily play in the first 11 so for the coach it's sometimes difficult to choose the starting 11."