Teenage IS recruit stocked up on bombs

A MELBOURNE teenager believed to be linked to a suicide bombing in Iraq reportedly wrote a manifesto detailing how he was "preparing to sacrifice" himself to Islam in the weeks before the attack.

Australian authorities are yet to confirm teenager Jake Bilardi was behind one of a spate of suicide bombings in Iraq this week.

However, a picture of a person fitting his description in a car linked to a bombing has been circulating online.

Bilardi had left Australia in August last year, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop confirmed, after which the Australian Government cancelled his passport on the belief he left to fight with the Islamic State.

The terrorist group controlling parts of Iraq and Syria yesterday claimed Bilardi had died during one of the bombings.

Fairfax Media also reported yesterday Bilardi wrote a "manifesto" of more than 4000 words in January while awaiting orders for the attack.

In it, Bilardi reportedly wrote that his "martyrdom operation" was close, and that after a first failed attempt to leave Australia, he also made plans for attacks in Melbourne.

The ABC also reported that Bilardi had begun stockpiling improvised explosive devices in his family home in Melbourne before leaving for the Middle East.

Ms Bishop said she was still trying to confirm whether or not Bilardi was involved in the attacks.

But she said, if true, it would be "another example of young Australian being lured to a senseless and violent death by a brutal terrorist organisation".

Her department did not respond to questions.


Melbourne teen reportedly killed in ISIS suicide attack

A MELBOURNE teen who made national headlines after leaving Australia to join ISIS, has reportedly carried out a suicide bombing in Iraq.

Pro-ISIS social media accounts are declaring Jake Bilardi was among the suicide bombers whose attack killed at least 10 people in the city of Ramadi on Wednesday.

Nine News reports a man who looks to be Bilardi is shown in the driver's seat of a car in images posted online.
 

Seven cars with suicide bombers were detonated simultaneously in government-held areas of Ramadi.

The 18-year-old from Craigieburn in Melbourne's north landed on newspaper front pages after photos of him sitting with ISIS soldiers, clutching a rifle, became public.

Bilardi bought a one-way ticket to Istanbul in mid-2014.

He later told his family he was in Iraq and training to become a martyr.

In another phone call, they were told he was frightened and would now be a soldier in Syria.

 



List of Metro Builders victims grows longer

premium_icon List of Metro Builders victims grows longer

Claims builder became insolvent when he bought $2.6m mansion

Surf pool ready to roll out the waves

premium_icon Surf pool ready to roll out the waves

Swells rolling out in succession to cater to 40 surfers per each set

Rail funding puts Adani mine on track

premium_icon Rail funding puts Adani mine on track

Crucial funding was the final hurdle

Local Partners