NOON: READERS posted heartfelt messages in response to the news that little Miami-Lee had lost her battle with brain cancer last night.
Over 60 comments were posted on The Bulletin's Facebook page by noon. Here are a few:
- Amanda Harris - RIP Beautiful angel
- Kelly Thompson - RIP Miami-Lee - Heaven has a new Angel heart emoticon Much love to the Family and their Friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx heart emoticon
- Chloé Taylor - Oh so heartbreaking to hear at least she had her wish Robin Adams RIP little Angel x
- Sue Goff - She is in gods hands now helping wacthing over both parents god bless you Miami-lee
- Tracey Douglas - Rip beautiful little angel. Our deepest condolences to all family.
- Roslyn Svensen - So sad for the little one's family. Rest in peace now. Her wish was fullfilled by some very special people.
- Sharon Dalton - You are no longer in pain sweetheart, sending my love to your family...as a sibling of a sister who died of a brain tumour, I send my deepest condolences heart emoticon
- Janene Quinn - RIP beautiful little angel. My deepest sympathies go to your family x
- Bianca Aimee Carter - Rip beautiful girl pain free thinking of all family an friends xo
- Karen Bryant - Condolences to her family and those lucky enough to have known and loved her.....very sad.
- Melanie Roberts - Awwe rest in peace beautiful angel my deepest condolences go to your family xoxox
- Kylie Curd - RIP sweet little angel
- Lorelle Green - Condolences to her family
- Louise Goodger - Fly high little one...RIP...
- Vicki Koch - Rip sweet girl love and best wishes to family
- Liza Jane Beattie - Rip in peace little one
- Jennifer Giulieri - This little girl and her family brought out the best in so many people, and reminded us all what really matters at Christmas and every day. May she be remembered with love and may her family be comforted by the love and support that surrounds them. Bless you, little Christmas angel.
- Sarah Lowcock- R.I.P baby girl fly high.
- Donna Reid - RIP Baby Girl
- Cindi Cocks- frown emoticon
- Terri Taylor - Poor little darling, rest in peace
- Emma Tresize - Fly high little princess.
- Bronwyn Brosnan - Fly with the angels sweet girl. heart emoticon
- Dora Huth - Poor little darlen, may she rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers go out to this beautiful little angels family 😇😇😇
7.15am: A LITTLE girl who touched the community's heart with her dying wish has lost her battle with brain cancer overnight.
Miami-Lee Mauger died last night, surrounded by family and friends, according to a post on a Facebook page dedicated to her - Miami-Lee's Lifesaving Appeal.
"It is with much sadness that at 11.51pm on the 23rd of November with all her family by her side Miami grew her angel wings and is at peace and free of pain. We love you more than words can say and we will miss you so much. This happened much quicker than expected but a least you did not suffer," the post says.
"As she passed we played the song and sang 'Let It Go."
The Rockhampton community rallied together to grant the six-year-old one last wish a fortnight ago - turning the outside of her home into a Frozen themed Christmas lights display.
Friends, mothers of school friends, strangers and local business owners united at the North Rockhampton home to help make the dying girl's wish come true.
Some of the electrical businesses, trades people and members of the public took a day off work to donate their time.
A cherry-picker was also donated.