Misso ‘not bothered’ by safe precinct ban for fight
STEPHEN James Misso won't be going out with his friends in Rockhampton anytime soon, after being banned from the safe night precinct in court yesterday.
But he isn't too worried about it.
When Acting Magistrate Mark Morrow asked Misso what he thought about being banned, Misso replied that he generally didn't go out that much so the ban would not bother him.
Misso was arrested by police on May 17 after being involved a fight near the Giddy Goat Bar and Cafe in the CBD.
Police were patrolling the area around 4am when they were called to a disturbance near the venue.
The Rockhampton Magistrates Court heard Misso and another man were pushing each other and arguing, but had taken off before police arrived.
A short time later a fight broke out between Misso and a man.
Police arrived and were arresting Misso when he would not cooperate.
The court heard Misso was not listening to police when they told him to put his arm behind his back so they could arrest him.
Misso kept putting his hand in his pocket.
He was charged with public nuisance and obstructing police over the incident.
Misso was representing himself in court yesterday and had nothing to say about the incident last month when asked by the magistrate.
"Your behaviour was certainly inappropriate," Mr Morrow told him.
The two charges saw Misso banned from the safe night precinct until August 9 and he was fined $900.