Menu
News

Mum fears toddler swallowed calculator battery

A TODDLER was rushed to Brisbane yesterday after swallowing what was thought to be a calculator battery.

The two-year-old boy was taken to Nambour General Hospital by his mother.

She said she believed he had swallowed one of the batteries, which can release acid.

The boy and his mother were airlifted from Nambour to the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane by the Sunshine Coast-based RACQ CareFlight Rescue Helicopter.

The boy was transported in a stable condition to Brisbane, an emergency services spokesman said.

The Seven Network reported the toddler underwent surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital late yesterday as a result of the incident.

Neither his name nor condition was available last night.

WHAT'S MAKING NEWS:

Topics:  hospital toddler



Cannabis plants found during search for Rocky prison escapee

FILE IMAGE

Police had attended a Wood St home looking for Jermaine Anderson.

Wet week: Days of rain expected to hit parts of CQ

Weather outlook for the five days in Central Queensland.

CLOUDS expected to roll in tomorrow and stay all week

National school walkout planned to protest gun violence

Enough: National School Walkout, March 14

The event is being organised by the people behind the Women's March

Local Partners