Mum may get new home after bloody incident Tuesday night
A BLOODY incident on Tuesday night could see a young mum moved from the Rockhampton Housing Commission units where she says she has been living in fear.
Only days after her story was published in The Morning Bulletin, she was yesterday giving a first-hand account of the latest incident which left a 27-year-old man with a serious finger injury.
The woman said that the father of her baby was visiting her about 6pm on Tuesday.
He had spoken to a man, who was not a resident at the units, who was causing a commotion, asking him to quieten down because his son was sleeping.
The noise continued and the father asked him again to be quiet.
The woman said the man then climbed the steps to her first-floor unit and pushed through the door.
The two men were involved in a scuffle just inside the doorway.
In the altercation the intruder suffered a deep cut to his finger.
Bleeding profusely, he fled the unit and ran to a nearby service station.
Detective Senior Sergeant Scott Moon said the matter had been investigated.
No charges had been laid at this stage, he said.
He was, however, quick to warn residents not to take the law into their own hands.
The woman was yesterday still shaken by the events of Tuesday night.
She had previously made requests to Housing Commission authorities for a transfer.
Yesterday, she was given the relevant paperwork.