Menu

A WOMAN in her 60s was seriously injured last night when a gas bottle explosion caused her Beerburrum home to go up in flames.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said four crews were called to the Twin Ceders retirement community on Steve Irwin Way just before 6pm and found the home fully engulfed in flames.

The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook
The home went up in flames after a gas bottle reportedly exploded inside. Photo: Noel Col/Facebook

According to paramedics, the woman suffered severe facial burns in the explosion.

The RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter was called to the scene and landed outside the property while the woman was treated for the "significant" injuries.

She was then flown to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Two men were also taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital in stable conditions with smoke inhalation.

A police spokeswoman said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.



Who starred in young Capras stirring come-from-behind win

Premium Content Who starred in young Capras stirring come-from-behind win

Team storms back with four second-half tries to overcome Northern Pride in Hastings...

Altum reveals plans for glamping tent village on GKI

Premium Content Altum reveals plans for glamping tent village on GKI

The project would comprise 50 temporary Eco Tents and would include tidying parts...

Rockhampton Jockey Club CEO’s shock decision

Premium Content Rockhampton Jockey Club CEO’s shock decision

After five years leading the region’s horse racing industry, Tony Fenlon has made a...