Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



Teen's lucky escape after car slams into tree in Rocky crash

premium_icon Teen's lucky escape after car slams into tree in Rocky crash

ABBIE Clayton, 17, was picking something up when she lost control

Quick-thinking Rocky teen saves man's life on boat ramp

premium_icon Quick-thinking Rocky teen saves man's life on boat ramp

'The decisions I made determined if he survived or not'

Budget process whets readers' appetite for detail

premium_icon Budget process whets readers' appetite for detail

From the Editor's Desk: The need for insight and explanation

Local Partners