Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."



Coast Guard reveals details about rescue after boat sinking

Premium Content Coast Guard reveals details about rescue after boat sinking

Boat owner reveales the scariest part of the day after boat sank

COURT LIST: 34 names appearing in Rocky’s courts today

Premium Content COURT LIST: 34 names appearing in Rocky’s courts today

See the full list of the 34 people appearing in Rockhampton’s Magistrates courts...

Alleged tired driver crashes into fence near Rocky school

Premium Content Alleged tired driver crashes into fence near Rocky school

The driver had allegedly fallen asleep before crashing into the school’s fence.