Pet owners advised to stay away from Bangalee Beach
PET owners are urged to steer clear of Bangalee Beach at Farnborough after the deaths of three dogs in five days.
Jo Kunkel, a vet nurse at Yeppoon Vet Surgery, said they were unsure if the dogs had ingested poison or baits but all had become extremely ill within hours.
Ms Kunkel suggests owners stay away from the beach for a few weeks to avoid any exposure to harmful materials.
"We advise no one to go near it for a few weeks," she said.
"Usually by the time they see signs it's too late."
Pet owners are advised to be aware of any odd behaviour, vomiting or collapsing after taking dogs to the beach.