Police called in after two overdosed on methamphetamine
ROCKHAMPTON man Nicholas Rodgers thought he and his mate could have a sneaky hit of methamphetamine under wraps.
But the reaction they had once they got their hit led them to being caught out.
Rodgers pleaded guilty in Rockhampton Magistrates Court to one count of unlawful possession of a glass pipe used to smoke a dangerous drug.
The court heard that about 10.30pm on May 15, police officers were called to a Denham Tce address, where two people (one being Rodgers) had overdosed on methamphetamine.
Police prosecutor Senior Constable Shaun Janes said it appeared Rodgers and his pal had taken a quantity of meth in the crystal form and had a bad reaction to it.
When police officers searched the house, they found a glass pipe.
Rodgers admitted to the officers it was used to take illegal drugs.
Magistrate Cameron Press warned Rodgers that if he was caught again, his next form of punishment might not be a fine.
Rodgers was fined $350.
The glass pipe was forfeited to the Crown and would be destroyed.