Man charged with murder appears in court

UPDATE: THE man charged with the murder of a 60-year-old man last year has had his case adjourned until January.

William Arthur Feeney was remanded in custody when he appeared in Murgon Magistrates Court on Tuesday afternoon.

The case will be heard in court again on January 17, 2017.

EARLIER: POLICE have charged a man in relation to a Nanango homicide last year.

Officers arrested and charged the 55-year-old man this morning with the murder of a 60-year-old man on September 11, 2015.

Detectives from Kingaroy CIB and the Homicide Investigation Unit launched Operation North Tungsten after the man was located unconscious at a property on Old Esk North Rd.

He was taken to Kingaroy Hospital but died a short time later.

The 55-year-old man is due to appear in Murgon Magistrates Court at 2pm today.

South Burnett


New owner breathes life into stagnant Cap Coast resort

premium_icon New owner breathes life into stagnant Cap Coast resort

BIG plans on the way to put Emu Park resort back on the map

Experts reveal Rocky rental market is 'roaring back' to life

premium_icon Experts reveal Rocky rental market is 'roaring back' to life

VACANCY rates tighten for first time in six years

Subbie owed $260K says Aldi should cover JM Kelly costs

premium_icon Subbie owed $260K says Aldi should cover JM Kelly costs

Mike Vadasz says helping unpaid workers would show goodwill in CQ

Local Partners