Police divers go fishing for clues and find several items
WADING through waist-high, murky creek water was the arduous task the police dive squad pushed through in their lengthy search yesterday for suspected murder victim Chantal Barnett.
At first light, the squad moved into Woolwash Creek in Bowlin Rd.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
CIB boss Det Snr Sgt Scott Moon said the squad was also searching depths of up to 2m. In a four-man, side-by-side search, the squad scoured part of the 1.2km-stretch of the creek for any evidence that might be linked to Ms Barnett's disappearance.
Det Snr Sgt Moon said investigators had received several important Crime Stoppers calls relating to the murder investigation.
He said there were several items found in the creek.
They will be sent away for forensic testing to see if they are directly related to the disappearance of Ms Barnett and Robert Martinez, whose remains were found nearby recently.
Martinez Barnett murder case
- TIMELINE: The search for Robert Martinez and Chantal Barnett
- The smallest clue could give Chantal's family answers VIDEO: Human remains found recently identified as Martinez
- VIDEO: $250,000 reward offer for information on murder case
- Police identify human remains found in Rockhampton as male
- Skull and teeth among human remains found in Rockhampton
- Authorities make significant find in Rocky homicide
- Police ‘on right track’ to find missing Rockhampton duo
- No evidence found in police search of Lake Awoonga
- Several tip offs led to police divers search at Awoonga Dam
- It’s the small things you miss about loved ones not here
- Police looking for two vehicles in missing Rocky pair case
- Police search River Rd, Midgee, for clues missing duo case
- Women's clothing found at Byfield in homicide investigation
- Missing Rocky duo case now a double murder case - police