Bunnings responds to 'bomb threat' at four Queensland stores
UPDATE 4.27pm: BUNNINGS Director of Operations Michael Schneider has released a statement following reports of a "bomb threat" at four of their Queensland stores.
"A bomb threat was reported regarding Bunnings Warehouses at Rockhampton, Mackay North and Paget Mackay and Airlie Beach on the afternoon of Wednesday 18th November," he said.
"Police are currently investigating on site at all four stores.
"We will continue to follow police advice, with public safety being our number one priority. No other stores have been affected."
A spokesperson from Queensland Police said the Rockhampton scene was declared clear at around 3pm this afternoon.
BREAKING 2.56pm: POLICE have left the scene of the Rockhampton Bunnings store after customers were reportedly evacuated following unconfirmed reports of a "bomb threat."
It is believed the entrance and exit of the building had been blocked off as police investigated the store, and also the Trade Centre on Farm St.
A spokesperson from Queensland Police confirmed officers were attending the scene, but would not confirm the nature of the threat.
The situation follows a similar scene in Mackay today, with reports suggesting threats have been made affecting store in the Whitsundays and allegedly Bundaberg.
Bunnings declined to comment.