POLL: Are you drinking the region's tap water at the moment?
THE quality of Rockhampton's water is causing much angst and debate despite assurances from both Rockhampton and Livingstone councils that it is safe to drink.
Are you still drinking Rockhampton's tap water after Cyclone Marcia?
This poll ended on 20 March 2015.
I am still drinking rocky tap water
I have stopped drinking it because of the taste
I have stopped drinking it because of health concerns
I have stopped drinking it because of taste and health concerns
I have stopped drinking it because of taste and health concerns and I want independent testing carried out.
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
Rosy Carmody posted on Facebook this morning: "This was what came out of the taps last night. Definately not an improvement!"
Mayor Margaret Strelow yesterday said she was pleased with where things were at after reading the water quality report on Saturday.
She said regular monitoring of key hotspots in the network would start today to determine if the water quality was consistent and of an acceptable standard. Read more on that story here: Rockhampton's water quality is on the improve says mayor
The Bulletin asked readers on Facebook this morning if they had noticed a difference:
- Graeme Hermann - Instead of Shades of Grey we still have Shades of Brown .
- Jasslyn McDonald- Ours is getting worse...
- Christie Brown - ours isn't
- Bronwen Watson - Not where we are, still needs filtering before using for anything...
- Rebecca Doak- Does anyone know if I have to flush my hot water system? I've been rinsing the sludge out of my kettle regularly and just cleaned the dishwasher but I have no idea how to flush my hot water system. Thanks
- Chris Johnson - Yes, it is getting worse!!
- Sharron Payne - No difference. I think she was talking about the manganese levels being back within Aus Standards.
- Lauren Jensen - Ours went real dark brown late yesterday but is hardly discoloured at all this morning.