Poll reveals 62% don't mind shopping with the kids
A READER poll has revealed 62% of shoppers don't mind shopping with the kids, while 12% can't think of anything worse.
We asked the question 'do you shop with your kids' after Queensland's Triple P - Positive Parenting Program released top tips to make shopping with kids easy.
While the retail rush sends most people's stress levels soaring, Fraser Coast parents who responded to the poll don't mind shopping with the kids.
Bucking the trend, one of our reader's Patricia Grace said shopping isn't fun with the kids.
"Thank goodness for online or I'd be mad or in jail!" she said.
Do you shop with your kids?
This poll ended on 08 December 2015.
Yes, I don't mind shopping with the kids
No, I can't think of anything worse
Sometimes, depends if they're being good
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
Triple P's top 5 tips for shopping with kids
1. Choose the least hectic time of day that suits your child's routine.
2. Children can't cope with long shopping trips. Several brief trips are better than a marathon shopping expedition.
3. Explain these ground rules before you go - stay close, speak nicely and do as you're told. Restate the rules if they break them and be prepared to back them up with a consequence like quiet time if they continue to do so.
4. Schedule breaks for your children, but avoid giving them food or drink to quieten them as this may encourage misbehavior in the future.
5. If children are buying gifts for others talk to them about what the recipient might like before you praise them if they make a good choice.