Public holiday changes approved last night
The Labour Day public holiday will be moved to the first Monday in October effective from next year after legislation was passed in Parliament last night.
The change would bring Queensland into line with New South Wales, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.
"We will also be overturning the decision of the previous Government and returning the Queen's Birthday holiday to June," Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie said.
"The changes will break-up the concentration of public holidays that generally fall in the April-May period and give workers a break in the second half of the year.
2013 Queensland Public Holidays
· Tuesday January 1 - New Year's Day
· Monday January 26 - Australia Day Public Holiday
· Friday March 29 - Good Friday
· Saturday March 30 - Easter Saturday
· Monday April 1 - Easter Monday
· Thursday April 25 - ANZAC Day
· Monday June 10 - Queen's Birthday
· Monday October 7 - Labour Day Public Holiday
· Wednesday December 25 - Christmas Day
· Thursday December 26 - Boxing Day