Public nuisances face ban from Rockhampton CBD precinct
INSPECTOR Virginia Nelson has given Rockhampton patrons who act stupidly a stern warning following several alcohol-fuelled fights earlier this month.
"If you cause a public nuisance offence, you could be banned from the CBD."
Seven Rockhampton patrons, including a woman who caused a fight at the Denham St taxi rank, have been banned from attending liquor-licensed premises in the CBD for three months.
She will appear in court later this month.
Insp Nelson said banning notices were issued to the seven patrons following separate incidents at Rockhampton nightclubs and bars.
A man was removed from a William St nightclub for disorderly conduct last Saturday night.
Another person last Saturday night was also charged with obstructing police officers.
Insp Nelson said the banning orders can be extended if the police wish to apply to do so.
The banning notices were part of the State Government's $44.5 million Safe Night Out strategy.
Member for Keppel Bruce Young said the Safe Night Out strategy would deliver for businesses in the Rockhampton precinct. "I am proud to have worked closely as part of the government to deliver a dedicated Safe Night Out precinct for the Rockhampton community," he said.
"Queensland now has Australia's most comprehensive response to alcohol-fuelled violence and Rockhampton will benefit from it."