QGC awards $45m contract
QGC has awarded a $45 million transport and storage contract to Australian company Toll Energy Logistics.
Under the contract, Toll Energy Logistics will transport materials and equipment from suppliers to work sites and manage storage facilities to support construction activity in QGC's gas fields in the Surat Basin of southern Queensland.
The contracts details are:
- awarded to Australian company
- evidence of QGC's commitment to use domestic suppliers.
- emphasis on domestic companies that have the capacity
- emphasis on companies that are competitive on safety, cost, quality and timeliness
- has started and runs until December 2014
QGC requires Toll Energy Logistics to use rail transport wherever possible to reduce impact on roads.
Toll will operate a QGC warehouse and lay-down area next to a rail siding about 10km east of Miles on the Warrego Hwy.
Senior vice president QCLNG Alexander Nairn said QGC was committed to making rail transport a central part of its effort to move construction equipment and materials for the Queensland Curtis LNG Project.
"This reduces the amount of traffic and the impact of our activities on roads which is, of course, a good outcome for the community."
Since 2010 QGC has:
- spent more than $5.1 billion on the QCLNG project and domestic gas business
- more than 72 per cent of that spent in Australia