Queen Elizabeth II visits Brisbane
MORE than 45,000 people descended upon Brisbane's South Bank to see Queen Elizabeth II on Monday.
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arrived via boat to attend a reception for those affected by floods and cyclones at around 1pm.
People flocked to Brisbane's South Bank to line the river bank in the hope of catching a glimpse of the Queen and they weren't disappointed.
The crowd erupted in cheering as the 85-year-old monarch stepped onto the dock.
The Queen's brief Brisbane itinerary on Monday included:
- 11.30am Brisbane river cruise from Bretts Wharf to South Bank
- 12.20pm: Public Walk at Cultural Forecourt, South Bank
- 1pm: Queensland Government reception to acknowledge those affected by the natural disasters during the summer of 2010/11
- Opening of Rain Bank, Rainforest Green, South Bank
- Luncheon hosted by the Governor of Queensland (private event)