READERS DISCUSS: You know you grew up in Rockhampton when...
WE all have interesting memories of where we grew up.
Some good, some bad, some humourous, some cringe worthy.
The Bulletin asked readers via Facebook on Tuesday: You know you grew up in Rockhampton when....
Over 110 comments were submitted by readers within 20 hours. Here are some of those comments:
1. You call the Fitzroy Bridge the old bridge
2. You call the Neville Hewitt Bridge the new bridge
3. Taffy's softdrink
4. Hot chips, lasagna and chips and other hot food served at the little restaurant at the back of Coles in East St.
5. That Kershaw Gardens use to be a rubbish dump...
6.The Rockhampton Grammar School was originally the Boys Grammar
7. When you couldn't drive down the mall.
8. The old boats that would take you to Keppel.
9. Pies, Pies, Pies.... Rockhampton residents love their pies and discussing old pie shops from around the region including Hutton's Pies and Zonca's Pies.
10. Many readers remember when you could catch a train to the beach.
If you have any images of these old places, feel free to submit them via Share a Photo (see the top of this story) or email email@example.com.
Read more comments here: