Recovery expected for Jacob
IT’S been five days since a “chlorine bomb” exploded on Jacob Weazel, but he’s set to make a full recovery.
On Monday the 18-year-old (pictured left) said he was putting rubbish into the recycling bin when a two-litre plastic Coke bottle containing chemical liquid exploded on him.
In the blast his hands were shattered and he suffered chemical burns to his eyes.
His quick thinking to race inside his Plahn Street, North Rockhampton, home and hop into the shower may have saved his sight.
Jacob had to have surgery to insert metal wires into his right thumb and to reattach nerves in his left hand.
Yesterday Jacob was resting at home. Police are still investigating.