Teen bomb victim likely to recover

IT’S going to take time, but doctors have told the teenager injured by a chemical explosion on Monday night he should make a full recovery.

The 18-year-old’s mother yesterday said his surgery to insert metal wires into his right thumb and reattach nerves in his left hand was successful.

The man’s hands were shattered and he suffered chemical burns to his eyes after a tow litre plastic Coke bottle exploded.

He had found the bottle in the recycling bin beside his North Rockhampton home when he went to take rubbish out at 8pm.

The family has asked not to be named.

It is believed the bottle contained chlorine, and produced what is colloquially known as a “chlorine bomb”.

The freak accident – or prank – has left the family angry and upset.

But yesterday the mother said her son was a “very lucky young man” not to have been left with permanent injuries.

Police are continuing their investigation into whether it was a

deliberate attack or an accident. If you have any information call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Read more ...

Wheelie bin blast maims Rocky teen




Missing anything Rocky? Video reveals hoard of stolen goods

Missing anything Rocky? Video reveals hoard of stolen goods

Police stormed home in search of drugs... instead, they found this.

Living History: CQ troop's tribute to those who've fallen

Living History: CQ troop's tribute to those who've fallen

Keeping tradition alive is what drives this CQ group

Lauga calls for 'action' ahead of GKI resort deadline

Lauga calls for 'action' ahead of GKI resort deadline

TOWER Holdings pushed to begin work on resort despite extension

Local Partners