Road repairs underway across the region with most reopened
MINISTER for Transport and Main Roads Scott Emerson saysTransport and Main Roads staff are working hard to repair the damage to the bridge at Neerkol Creek on the Capricorn Highway.
"The bridge suffered significant damage in the recent severe weather," he said.
"Both the eastern and western approaches to the bridge were washed away, leaving scours up to 16 metres long and exposing bridge piles.
"The repairs are progressing well, and it's expected that the bridge will open to traffic again by early next week.
"A temporary cross has allowed traffic to pass Neerkol Creek Bridge on the Capricorn Highway, about 30km west of Rockhampton.
"The crossing, which opened this morning will cut about 80km off the previous diversion route through Dululu, Mount Morgan and Bouldercombe.
"Motorists are urged to be cautious while these critical repair works are undertaken on the bridge as well as many other flood affected roads in the region."
Please be advised of the following road conditions for Central Queensland encompassing Banana Shire, Central Highlands, Gladstone and Rockhampton Regional Council areas.
- Burnett Highway between Mt Morgan and Rockhampton (alternate route via Razorback Road)
- Duaringa - Biloela Road
- Baralaba - Woorabinda Road
- Duaringa - Apis Creek Road
- Gladstone - Monto Road
OPEN WITH CAUTION
- Bruce Highway at Yeppen roundabout
- Bruce Highway between Rockhampton and Marlborough
- Bruce Highway between Rockhampton and Miriam Vale
- Bruce Highway between Miriam Vale and Gin Gin
- Capricorn Highway between Rockhampton and Gracemere
- Capricorn Highway at Neerkol Creek Bridge (Stanwell), approximately 30km west of Rockhampton
- Capricorn Highway at Dawson River, approximately 25km east of Duaringa
- Capricorn Highway between Dingo and Bluff
- Leichhardt Highway between Dululu and Banana
- Burnett Highway between Biloela and Monto
- Burnett Highway between Dululu and Biloela
- Dawson Highway between Calliope and Biloela
- Dawson Highway between Biloela and Banana
- Dawson Highway between Banana and Rolleston
- Fitzroy Developmental Road (Taroom to Bauhinia)
- Fitzroy Developmental Road (Bauhinia to Duaringa)
- Fitzroy Developmental Road (Dingo to Middlemount)
- Marlborough - Sarina Road
- Gladstone - Bernaraby Road
- Eidsvold - Theodore Road - at Boam Creek Bridge side track
- Roma - Taroom Road
- Gladstone - Mt Larcom Road
- Baralaba - Rannes Road
- Bajool - Port Alma Road
- Tannum Sands Road
- Ridgelands Road
- Bundaberg - Miriam Vale Road at Essendeen Bridge - traffic control on scene
For the most up-to-date information on road conditions please visit www.131940.qld.gov.au or phone 13 19 40.