Rockhampton boy admits his role in sex assault
A 12-YEAR-OLD boy has pleaded guilty to holding his hand over a young girl's mouth as she was sexually abused, a court has heard.
The boy, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, entered his plea yesterday in the Rockhampton District Court.
Crown prosecutor Susan Hedge said it was alleged the boy's older friend led the five-year-old girl away from a Central Queensland playground to a secluded grass area near a creek on July 27 last year.
It is then alleged the friend, who was 16 at the time, removed the girl's pants and lay on top of her.
Ms Hedge said the boy put his hand over her mouth while this was happening.
Judge Paul Smith ordered a pre-sentence report be completed for the defendant.
Submissions were made as to whether a psychological assessment of the boy was required.
Defence barrister Tom Polley said his client was very young, being only 11 at the time.
Ms Hedge submitted a report of this nature was probably more appropriate for the older defendant.
Judge Smith decided that at this time it was not needed.
The matter was adjourned to July 30 for mention/sentence.
The co-accused is due to appear in court on July 8.