Rockhampton lingerie store forced to sell last bras
FOR 15 years, a group of local ladies has come together nearly every day to share a passion for lingerie with each other and the Rockhampton community.
Unfortunately for the women it's all about to come to an end.
Rebecca Fashion Lingerie will close its doors at Stockland Rockhampton at the end of the month following an era of loyal customers, friendships and strong business values.
Online retail and fewer customers has proven too much for the independent, family-owned business, but not too much for the friendship between the faces behind the store.
Carey Hams, Cindy Tranberg and Angela Buchanan share a love of lingerie and a strong friendship spanning many years, a friendship they say will not end when Rebecca Fashion Lingerie does.
"Over the time we have built up really close relationships with our customers and the feedback we have received since it was announced we are closing has been really overwhelming," founding manager Ms Hams said.
"There will be a little niche in the market gone because we pride ourselves on old fashioned customer service."
"It's an opportunity for Cindy, Angela and I to thank people for their support and loyalty over the years."
Ms Tranberg worked at the store for 10 years and said the last time the doors closed would bring plenty of tears and champagne.
"You get the joy from the customers when they thank you and it just makes your day,"she said.
"We just want to thank everybody who has ever been a customer."
- In French, the word lingerie applies to men and womens' undergarments;
- Wonderbra was trademarked in the '50s, but it didn't become a phenomenon until the '90s.
- We may have the ancient Greeks to thank; they're the first society who show record of women wearing a garment to support their breasts.
- Women in the UK wear the largest bra sizes.
- Women in Japan have the smallest bra size on average.
- Around 80% women wear the wrong sized bra
- The average American woman has 21 pairs of underwear.