Scary night for two drink-spiked teens in Rockhampton

ALONE, disorientated and scared, a Rockhampton woman lay in an alleyway.

What was meant to be a fun night out with friends after a long working week soon turned into a nightmare for two Rockhampton teenagers on Friday night.

The pair, who asked not to be identified, claimed they were targeted by drink spikers.

One of the women said she was found by Queensland Ambulance Service workers in a CBD alleyway.

She no longer feels safe going out in Rockhampton.

"I had three vodka drinks before heading out and then one more at the nightclub," she said.

"The last thing I remember was being at the club with my friend and a group of her friends and starting to feel a little sick after finishing my drink.

"I vaguely remember being sick in the hospital but only for a few seconds and then I blacked out again until I woke at 4am.

"I feel unsafe going out now and I'll definitely avoid going out in Rocky for a while; I don't want to experience that again."

The second woman, who spent three hours passed out in a nightclub toilet cubicle, said she would be extra cautious on her next night out.

"I was initially confused and very disorientated when I woke up alone - it was obviously quite scary as well, not knowing where I was and why no one had found me after so long," she said.

"It was certainly different to being drunk and was a big wake-up call to how serious drink spiking is. I never gave much consideration to the seriousness of it because no one I know has had it happen to them - but when your friend is taken to hospital it just makes the whole idea of drink spiking real."

Capricornia District Police Inspector David Peff said drink spiking often went unreported.

"This is the first I've heard of it in ages," he said. "If they go unreported, the likelihood of it happening again is pretty high.

"If you don't report it we don't know about it."

Topics:  alcohol clubbing rockhampton crime

CQ man suffers possible spinal injuries at dirt bike comp

STABLE BUT SERIOUS: Mr Scott is flown to Rockhampton Hospital by the RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service.

RACQ Rescue took the 47-year-old to Rockhampton Hospital yesterday.

Rocky CBD property catches interstate investors' eyes

PRIME POSITION: The CBD building on Denham St is up for sale.

JUST 10 days on market and the building has gained metro interest

Coast guard rescues boy after catch of the day goes wrong

Coast Guard generic.

FAMILY kept fishing for 90 minutes as they waited to be rescued

Local Partners