Update: Severe storm warning for Central Queensland extended
UPDATE: The warning area has been widened to include Rockhampton, Biloela, Yeppoon, Baralaba, Marlborough, Moura, Duaringa and Leura.
EARLIER: THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for areas including Biloela, Wowan and Westwood.
They warn a storm system could produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 1:10 pm.
Warnings are also available through the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or by calling 1300 659 219.