Severe storm warning for CQ
4.30pm: The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe weather warning.
Thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, very heavy rainfall, flash flooding and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett districts. Locations which may be affected include Taroom, Theodore and Moura.
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:30 pm.