Stove fire sparks concern

FIREFIGHTERS raced to a report of smoke coming from a Gracemere home this morning to find the fire out on arrival.

The fire started about 10.30am after a person had been cooking on a stovetop at the Robertson Road property .

A Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said all that remained for firefighters to do when they arrived was to switch off the gas and ventilate the home.



FIRE: Highway reopened with most hazards cleared

FIRE: Highway reopened with most hazards cleared

Fire poses no threat to property at the moment

Power tool incident 'partially amputates' body parts

premium_icon Power tool incident 'partially amputates' body parts

Paramedics rushed to the scene this morning where a man was injured

Man injured after motorbike collides into cow

premium_icon Man injured after motorbike collides into cow

RSPCA have been called after the incident on Byfield Rd this morning

Local Partners