Queensland Ambulance Service was called to Moranbah State High School after a student sustained an electric shock.
Queensland Ambulance Service was called to Moranbah State High School after a student sustained an electric shock.

Student sustains electric shock at CQ school

A Moranbah student sustained an electric shock after putting their finger into a light switch at school.

A Department of Education spokeswoman said paramedics were called to Moranbah State High School as a precautionary measure on Tuesday, March 23, after a child put their finger into a light switch.

“The school followed workplace health and safety procedures in managing this incident,” she said.

QBuild and Ergon Energy were called to attend the school and review the switch, which has since had a safety barrier placed around it.

More stories:

– Road train vs. dual cab: Horror crash on Capricorn Highway

– CQ mining town lights up for 50 year celebrations

– Emergency services rush to truck crash on Peak Downs



Driver lost licence after 15 demerit points for  seat belts

Premium Content Driver lost licence after 15 demerit points for seat belts

A man who accumulated 15 demerit points for passengers not wearing seat belts has...

UPDATE: Injured man taken to hospital after rollover

Premium Content UPDATE: Injured man taken to hospital after rollover

He suffered a chest injury in the crash.

Rocky locals want to explore their own backyard

Premium Content Rocky locals want to explore their own backyard

Far North Queensland has been nominated by Rockhampton locals as the top spot for a...