Teen out of coma after bash attack
THE Yeppoon teenager who was brutally bashed after a night partying at the coast has woken from his coma.
But will he remember much about the attack?
Regional crime co-ordinator Detective Inspector Jon Wacker said Bradley Carter's memory could hold the key to catching the thug who almost killed him in the early hours of Saturday, September 5.
The 19-year-old has been moved out of the intensive care unit of Royal Brisbane Hospital after regaining consciousness.
Late yesterday he was in a stable condition, having been in a coma for more than a week.
Detectives are waiting to question him when doctors give the all-clear.
Bradley was left for dead on Barry Street in Yeppoon.
He was partying with friends in Yeppoon on the Friday night before he separated from the group.
Bradley was last seen leaving the Strand Hotel, in Anzac Parade, at 3am.
He was found unconscious only a few blocks away around 3.10am.
Bradley was rushed to Rockhampton Hospital and then flown to Brisbane in a critical condition.
Last week his dad, Ken, made an emotional plea for anyone with information to come forward.
“We've got to try and stop this violence,” Mr Carter said.
“It's getting out of hand. We've got to stop this.
“Bradley was not a violent person.
“I always taught him to be a man and walk away and not to fight.”
The attack prompted concerned parents to start a petition on the coast against alcohol-fuelled violence.
Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.