Alleged teen mugger in custody
A ROCKHAMPTON teenager yesterday faced court for his alleged part in the mugging of four men.
Police allege Blair Robert Fletcher Blazely and another person confronted four men while they were walking down Kerrigan St at 1am yesterday.
It is alleged the 17-year-old and his accomplice, who police said was armed with a knife, threatened the four men and demanded the group hand over their wallets and cash.
Police said one of the men received facial injuries after being punched in the head.
They said Blazely and his accomplice only got a packet of cigarettes before fleeing the scene.
Blazely was arrested by police only hours later and charged with robbery and three counts of attempted robbery.
He did not enter a plea when he appeared in Rockhampton Magistrates Court yesterday.
Blazely did not make an application for bail and was remanded in custody.
Police are still searching for the other man.
They are appealing for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000.
- 16: four men mugged on Kerrigan St at 1am
- 12: man steals $15,000 from The Great Western Hotel between 5-6pm
- 12: knifeman robs Caltex truck stop at 10pm
- 8: man armed with machete robs Kalka Palms Hotel Motel just before 10pm
- 2: two men armed with a knife and crowbar rob Raffles Hotel at 10.50pm