The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still preview
*spoilers ahead if you haven't seen season two episode eight*
PREVIEW: The glorious Christmas episode.
After the major high of last week's two-part crossover event, the annual Christmas episode (and mid-season finale) feels like a crushing blow.
The Flash is unlike other programs however and, despite the Christmas theme, have put together an episode that has the potential to knock the socks off any viewer.
Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will face fan favourite villain The Trickster, played by Mark Hamill.
Hamill, who appears in the much-anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens next week, was the long-term voice actor for The Joker in the animated universe, and his similar portrayal of the Trickster is a sight to behold.
The Trickster was last seen in Iron Heights, but with both Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) and Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre) to appear, something suggests he won't be there for too long.
One of the most anticipated moments could be the on-screen debut of Wally West.
Keiynan Lonsdale is slated to appear, which means a return to Joe and Iris West's (Jesse L.Martin and Candice Patton) main story arc for this season: their unknown son/brother.
THE FLASH: SEASON TWO
- REVIEW: Flash of Two Worlds great but not without flaws
- The Flash S2E03: Family of Rogues preview
- The Flash S2E03: Family of Rogues review
- The Flash S2E04: The Fury of Firestorm preview
- The Flash S2E04: The Fury of Firestorm review
- The Flash S2E05: The Darkness and the Light preview
- The Flash S2E05: The Darkness and the Light review
- The Flash S2E06: Enter Zoom preview
- The Flash S2E06: Enter Zoom review
- The Flash S2E07: Gorilla Warfare preview
- The Flash S2E07: Gorilla Warfare review
- The Flash S2E08: Legends of Today preview
- The Flash S2E08: Legends of Today review
- The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still preview
- The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still review
- The Flash S2E10: Potential Energy preview
A few more things:
- What will Cisco (Carlos Valdes) do next? He's slowly becoming Vibe, but how long until his next major move into the character?
- Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) and Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) have been close in recent weeks. Perhaps the festive season will see them get closer?
- What is Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) up to? Is he waiting for the perfect time to strike or is he genuinely helping Team Flash?
Tell us what you think in the comments below.
The Flash airs Wednesdays at 6.30pm (AEST) on Fox 8 (Channel 108).