Toowoomba man fighting for life after kitchen fire

BREAKING: A Toowoomba man is fighting for life in a Brisbane hospital after a fire at a Rangeville home yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the Perth St home about 4.20pm Sunday after a fire broke out in the kitchen area.

It's believed woodchips in an electric oven caught alight, engulfing the home in smoke and causing a pot to catch alight.

The man and another occupant of the home extinguished the fire before Queensland Fire and Emergency Services arrived on scene.

Paramedics treated the two occupants at the scene for smoke inhalation before the man in his 50s was rushed to Toowoomba Hospital in a critical condition.

Police said the man was later airlifted to a Brisbane hospital where he remains on life support in a medically induced coma.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious.



Rocky rep crowned world champion in Canada

Rocky rep crowned world champion in Canada

Jeremy Waters helps Australia's Junior Steelers win gold

Cr Glenda Mather loses her fight to be 'fair'

premium_icon Cr Glenda Mather loses her fight to be 'fair'

Deadlock vote on application to have fees reduced by more than half

Local Partners