Top five things to experience this summer in Brisbane
THIS summer, make a pact with yourself to get out and explore your capital city.
There is so much to do, it's not funny… except the Brisbane Comedy Festival, that's guaranteed to get you laughing!
Here's a few to get you started:
1. Camping near Brisbane: The greater Brisbane area is riddled with great camping spots. Check out some of the national parks, beaches and lakes, pitch a tent and enjoy the serenity. Check out Tangalooma for some great snorkeling, kayaking and more.
2. American Idiot: The Musical (Feb 23-March 5): Making its premier in Brisbane, the award winning American Idiot: The Musical is coming to QPAC. Telling the story of three boys searching for meaning post 9/11, this is a must-see.
3. GOMA turns 10: Head to the Gallery of Modern Art from now until April 17 for the experience of a lifetime. All exhibitions are free, and seriously impressive. Sugar Spin is sure to blow your mind with its explosion of colours and fun.
4. Catch the Queensland Firebirds live (February 18 and 25): With another premiership under their belt, the Firebirds are kicking off 2017 with just as much gusto and determination. More games this year will be played at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre where the lights are brighter, the game louder and more supporters than ever cam pile into the stadium.
5. Brisbane Comedy Festival (February 26 - March 28): The line-up for this year's Brisbane Comedy Festival is so good that side-splitting laughter will be the order of the day every day for 30 days. Comedians gracing the city include Tom Gleeson, Rove McManus, Stephen K Amos and so many more. Shows will be at The Powerhouse and Brisbane City Hall.
For another 25 fun things to do this summer, head HERE.