A MAN and woman have appeared in Gladstone Magistrates Court today charged over the death of a baby boy in North Rockhampton in 2013. 

Read about the court appearance here: UPDATE: Former Rockhampton woman appears in court over baby's death

The pair were living in Rockhampton at the time, but have since moved to Gladstone where they were charged yesterday. 

Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Elliot said police had been investigating the infant boy's death since May 23, 2013 when emergency services were first called to the Lakes Creek Rd address.

The boy died of his injuries on May 31, 2013 in a Brisbane hospital.

"The child did suffer significant injuries and now the matter is before the courts I'm not able to make any detailed comment about that," Det Snr Sgt Elliot said.

"It was a very big investigation, it was very lengthy.

"It took into account a lot of different agencies, a lot of experts.

"We were assisted greatly by State Crime Command and Child Trauma Taskforce there was a joint investigation between those two units to bring about this outcome."

Det Snr Sgt Elliot thanked the community for their assistance in the investigation.

"I think the response we received from the community and people who assisted us with our investigation has been fantastic.

"It's allowed us to get this matter to a conclusion.

"I'd also like to thank everybody who rang Crime Stoppers and assisted us.

"However, the investigation still goes on and if anyone does have any other information, we urge them to come forward."



BREAKING: Car crash on Bruce Hwy south of Rocky

BREAKING: Car crash on Bruce Hwy south of Rocky

Crash down-graded to minor traffic crash

Police called to break up street fight in Nth Rocky

Police called to break up street fight in Nth Rocky

Three men involved with reports of a weapon being used.

CQ fitters look pretty in pink for a good cause

premium_icon CQ fitters look pretty in pink for a good cause

The only day of the year you can get away with calling Jake a fairy

Local Partners