Two taken to hospital after bedroom fire

TWO occupants of a North Ipswich home have been taken to hospital following a fire earlier this afternoon.

A fire started in the bedroom of a house on Geraldine Ave about 12.40pm.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokeswoman said two crews were sent to the scene, but the fire was out on arrival.

The fire is not suspicious in nature.

The injured have been taken to Ipswich Hospital.



LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Wisdom does not always come with age

Premium Content LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Wisdom does not always come with age

Harry Bruce’s cartoon of the day and readers have their say on current events.

Longreach council puts student hostel on the market

Premium Content Longreach council puts student hostel on the market

The facility has been closed since 2015 due to low enrolment numbers.