Flames licked at the walls and smoke alarms bellowed, but still Sandralee Brown slept.
Fifteen minutes later, her entire Kuttabul home was razed - clothing, precious photographs, heirlooms all gone.
Mrs Brown, who is partially deaf, said her dog saved her life by coming into the bedroom to wake her, as she tearfully reflected on that horrific night two years ago that claimed the family home of 15 years.
"I raced out to the back of the house as my eldest son had just moved up from Melbourne," she said.
"I just said, 'Matt, get out of bed, the house is on fire, grab what you can'.
"You could hear the glass popping.
"And of course, we had the heat shield paint on the roof and we had the cladding around the house so it acted like a pressure cooker.
"By the time we went round the front, the front was engulfed.
"We lost everything and I mean we lost everything."
Mrs Brown said emergency services told her afterwards she should never have risked going back into the house but she only thought about needing to save her son.
It turns out the fire on February 1, 2019 began in the downstairs freezers, which Mrs Brown thinks may have faulted from repeated brownouts.
She said her saving graces in the 12 months to follow were a young Mirani couple who vacated their home so they could offer Mrs Brown and her husband somewhere to stay while Titan Homes rebuilt and also the CWA's North Eton branch ladies.
"I'm grateful," she said.
"I've been through floods, and I've been through a house fire - give me a flood any day."
Mrs Brown said she now had a special smoke alarm attachment for the hearing-impaired which lit up "like a disco ball" and vibrated under your pillow.