A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.



‘Overwhelmed’: Project Mex owners say adiós to diners

Premium Content ‘Overwhelmed’: Project Mex owners say adiós to diners

Beloved Rockhampton mexican restaurant closes the doors for the last time

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Life after COVID-19?

Premium Content LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Life after COVID-19?

Harry Bruce’s cartoon of the day and readers have their say on current events.

Devastating diagnosis for ‘one of life’s happy people’

Premium Content Devastating diagnosis for ‘one of life’s happy people’

Community rallies to support Yeppoon Golf Club’s popular greenkeeper.