Violent footage of school kids fights seized by police
MORE videos have emerged of shocking juvenile violence in Rockhampton two days after footage of a 14-year-old girl being assaulted went viral.
One video handed in to Rockhampton's Child Protection and Investigation Unit, depicts two young boys circling each other before throwing punches.
But the father of one of the 14-year-old boys has spoken out, saying his son is not a bully.
"The other gentlemen in that fight was actually making racial taunts towards a couple of (my son's) friends," he said.
"I bought him up to stand up for himself, but not to go to the extremes he has.
"I don't bring (my kids) up to be thugs."
He said the video was filmed in February last year and was only uploaded to YouTube last month.
He said he had dealt with the issue at home, and wanted to keep it in the past.
Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Elliot said that video appeared to be consensual fighting, rather than a bullying attack.
"It could be an education issue," he said.
Meanwhile, a 13-year-old girl and a 15-year-old girl were yesterday charged with one count of assault occasioning bodily harm in relation to the viral video filmed in the underpass near Yaamba Rd.
It will be alleged they were parties to that offence.
The 14-year-old girl, who was previously charged was bailed on Wednesday, and will face court on February 25.
On Wednesday Rockhampton's CPIU executed a series of search warrants and seized several media devices, including iPods and iPhones, which contained more videos from the assault.
Police Commissioner Ian Stewart condemned the incidents.
"What happened in Rockhampton is simply unacceptable," Comm Stewart said.
Det Snr Sgt Elliot said police were also aware of more videos of different attacks, but often they didn't get reported.
"Any crime of violence or violent behaviour is obviously not going to be tolerated by anybody," Det Snr Sgt Elliot said.
He encouraged people to come forward if they saw this occurring.