Contributed

READERS: Photos and rain recordings from CQ weekend storms

8:05am: STORMS are expected to continue throughout the week in Central Queensland.

The Bureau of Meteorology forecast for Rockhampton for today indicates the region there is a 70% chance of a thunderstorm this morning and this afternoon.

The forecast for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday indicates each of those days could see more rain, but there is only a slight chance.

Friday's forecast does not include rain, but it looks to be a brief break from cloudy skies.

Saturday's forecast shows there is a 40% chance of showers and Sunday's forecast has the region looking at more storm activity with a 60% chance of a thunderstorm.

6am: CENTRAL Queensland got a little wet over the weekend, with storms sweeping across the region on Saturday and Sunday.

Rockhampton Airport recorded 20.8mm of rain until 5pm yesterday, but other parts of the region recorded much higher falls.

The wet weather is predicted to last throughout the week, with the chance of a shower and temperatures reaching the low 30s.

Here's what Morning Bulletin readers recorded in their rain gauges:

Tammy Shaw: 65mil so far at Alton Downs!!

Chantal Booth: Alton Downs 43ml near lion mtn and still drizling.

Kerri Groves: 10ml @ Pink Lily

Dan Phelan: 60mm at Glenlee

Amanda Kavanagh: Got 51mm @ Stanwell!! Woohoo!!

Brooke Emily Morgan: Dunno but its wet so good enough for me struck oil cows need the grass

Helen Barndon: 22 mls at Pacific Heights

Chris Johnson: Kawana 12mm

Valarie Hawkins: Poured Rain for about 25 min at Glenlee , YAY

Laura McQuillan: Ridgelands 60ml

Beverly Powell: 8ml West Rockhampton



GALLERY: A prestige home that has something for everyone

premium_icon GALLERY: A prestige home that has something for everyone

HOUSE OF THE WEEK: Look inside this beautiful home on the coast

Mount Morgan mine tours sadly finishing end of the month

premium_icon Mount Morgan mine tours sadly finishing end of the month

Safety concerns bring to an end a 12 year era of tourism

Great Barrier Reef gateway major shopping centre for sale

premium_icon Great Barrier Reef gateway major shopping centre for sale

Complex is anchored by a Coles Supermarket and sold for $28m in 2016

Local Partners