Wet won't dampen Aussie spirit
THE wet weather won't dampen the Aussie spirit today, with Plan Bs in place across the region to make sure celebrations aren't ruined by forecast rain.
Mount Morgan's planned celebration venue was yesterday changed in preparation for the weather, with celebrations moving from the Big Dam to the School of Arts on Morgan St.
A spokesman for the Rockhampton Regional council said although the venue had changed there was still plenty of fun lined up.
The council also confirmed wet weather contingencies, if needed, were in place for events in Gracemere, Yeppoon and at the Rockhampton Heritage Village.
AUSTRALIA DAY EVENTS
Beach Party program (Yeppoon)
- 8am: Foreshore markets
- 10am: Keppel Bay Sailing Club Sailing Fun Day
- 10am: Teachers Incorporated
- 10.15am: Dance Infusion
- 10.45am: Dan Miller
- 10.55am: Katherine's Academy of Dance and Theatre Arts
- 11.25am: Dan Miller
- 11.45am: Janelle's Academy of Dance
- 12pm: Teachers Incorporated
- 12.30pm: CCCYC Sail-Past
- 12.50pm: Dolphin Line Dancers
- 1pm: Sam Angelico Magic
- 1.30pm: Grandpa Billy and Miss H
- 2pm: Industry of Kool
- 2.30pm: Mirror Sand Sculpture Competition
- 2.30pm: Big Top High School Show
- 3pm: Bulletin Bare-Bottom Boat Regatta
- 3pm: Bob Pacey Bush Poet
- 3.10pm: Shoeless Joe
- 3.50pm: Big Top Clowns
- 4.15pm: Club 28
- 5pm: Niki Perrin Zumba
- 5.15pm: LA Modelling Beach Fashions
- 5.45pm: Dan Miller
- 5.55pm: Sand Sculpture Winners announced
- 6pm: KoolTones
- 6.45pm: Big Top Fire Show
- 7.15pm: Tri-Pod
- 7.45pm: Ergon Energy fireworks finale
- 8am to 1.30pm: Rockhampton Heritage Village Markets with live entertainment, rides for the kids and fun for all.
- 11am: Official Australia Day Awards and Citizenship Ceremony at the Barry St Community Hall.
- 12pm to 2.30pm: Free sausage sizzle and fun activities at Conaghan Park including cow-horn blowing, Cooee, and thong-throwing competitions, a backyard cricket game, face painting and a jumping castle.
- 9am to 12pm: Free sausage sizzle at the School of Arts building on Morgan St, with kids' rides, face painting, and live music.
Entry to all events is free.
For more info call the council Customer Service Centre on 1300 225577 or visit www.rockhamptonregion.qld.gov.au.